Quadrant Knowledge Solutions Market Insights research provides detailed insights on Among other ways to attain visibility and in turn value from a supply chain is via a robust Supply Chain Control Tower (SCCT) or Command Centre.
In today’s complex business environment, visibility into operations should be a strategic priority for every organization. Achieving end-to-end visibility across supply chain can be a challenge, but it is essential for driving operational efficiency, improving performance, and deriving value. Visibility within the supply chain can be attained by having insights over the entire supply chain, including suppliers, manufacturers, transporters, warehouses, and third-party coordination.
Supply Control towers provide real-time visibility to detect exceptions, reducing the time between risks arising from the exceptions and its resolutions. Shortening the time, improves to identify and resolve exceptions not only improves performance but also lowers overall operational costs due to losses it could have caused otherwise. A company gains operational efficiency by cost-effectively streamlining its core operations, eliminating redundant processes and waste and by avoiding disruptions. In general, this is accomplished by focusing resource utilisation, production, inventory management, and distribution. To achieve operational efficiency, organisations should consider identifying and prioritising business goals, risk mitigation and change management.
According to Kumar Anand, Analyst at Quadrant Knowledge Solutions “Organization begin to take steps to improve its supply chain performance. Irrespective of what an organization chooses to track with its supply chain control tower, some of the most common goals from the implementation of control tower include cost reduction, increased efficiency, improved customer satisfaction, and reduction in risks. Quadrant analysts believe that Modern control towers are increasingly leveraging advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to assist organisations in breaking down data silos, reducing or eliminating manual processes, and gaining real-time visibility and intelligent insights to drive action.”
Table of Contents
- About Supply chain control tower and its importance.
- Identify & prioritize business goals for increasing efficiency and performance.
- Risk Mitigation to increase operational efficiency.
- KPI’s for attaining business goals.
- Strategic KPIs
- Tactical KPIs
- Operational KPIs
- Strategic KPIs
- Final Word
- Supply Chain control tower (SCCT) is an essential component any supply chain strategy.
- Visibility into operations should be a strategic priority for every organization.
- Achieving end-to-end visibility across supply chain can be a challenge, but it is essential for driving operational efficiency and deriving value.
- Identifying which functions to cover under SCCT and laying a strong foundation of goals and related KPIs play a significant role.
- As supply chain partners increasingly rely on demand signals to drive production and replenishment.
- Organizations will increasingly need to deploy control towers to have the capability to readjust supply chain flows in response to market changes to create value from the end-to-end supply chain visibility.
- From end-to-end insight to autonomous execution, it enables businesses to make their supply chains more customer-centric, sustainable, responsive, and agile.
This Market Insights is a part of Quadrant’s Supply Chain Control Tower (SCCT) practice.
Author: Kumar Anand, Analyst, Quadrant Knowledge Solutions.