Global retailers have well understood the importance of embracing omnichannel strategies to succeed in a highly competitive environment with ever-increasing expectations to provide an exceptional customer experience. Retailers and brand owners are striving to provide their customers with a consistent experience in every interaction across all channels and devices. The omnichannel order management system is perceived as an essential technology element in the adoption of omnichannel strategies. Global retailers are increasingly adopting omnichannel OMS systems to manage ever-growing complexities of customer orders and fulfillment scenarios in an omnichannel environment.
Omnichannel order management systems (OMS) help retailers manage and fulfill complex customers’ orders efficiently in an omnichannel environment to improve customer service experience. Omnichannel OMS provides unified visibility of enterprise inventory from warehouse, distribution center, store, and in-transit locations while performing complex order routing to enable efficient order fulfillment from the optimum location. The omnichannel order management system includes a configurable workflow engine to orchestrate and optimize the complex order processing, management, and fulfillment processes to ensure efficient order fulfillment at minimum costs. Omnichannel OMS is increasingly becoming an integral part of omnichannel retailing and are integrated with digital commerce, POS, supply chain planning and execution systems.
Quadrant Knowledge Solutions recent study “Market Outlook: Omnichannel Order Management Systems, 2019-2024, Worldwide” analyzes market dynamics, growth opportunities, emerging technology trends, and the vendor ecosystem of the global market. This research provides strategic information for technology vendors to better understand the market supporting their growth strategies and for users to evaluate different vendor capabilities, competitive differentiation, and its market position. The research includes an in-depth analysis of major omnichannel OMS vendors evaluating their technology capabilities, market presence, and overall customer value proposition. The evaluation is based on primary research with expert interviews, analysis of use cases, and Quadrant’s internal analysis of the global omnichannel OMS market.
Market Dynamics and Trends
Omnichannel OMS market is expected to grow significantly during 2019-2024
Globally, the omnichannel OMS market is growing rapidly. Retailers are increasingly viewing omnichannel OMS solution as a strategic investment and an enabler for effective implementation of omnichannel strategies. Omnichannel order management systems key value proposition of providing unified visibility and availability of enterprise inventory across networks of channels enables retailers to gain a competitive advantage with efficient order fulfillment from the optimal location at minimum operations costs.
The following are the key research findings of Quadrant’s Omnichannel Order Management Systems research:
- The omnichannel OMS market is expected to increase significantly in the next five to six years from the market size of $746.4 million in 2018 to over $1.52 billion by 2024. The global market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% from 2019-2024.
- The omnichannel OMS key value proposition of integrating enterprise-wide inventory and customer orders from multiple channels to provide a unified visibility at a single location, workflow capability to perform order orchestration, intelligent order routing to ensure orders are fulfilled from the optimal location, and optimizing sourcing and omnichannel fulfillment scenarios are driving the market growth across the geographical regions and industry segments.
- The omnichannel OMS market is primarily dominated by on-premise deployments. However, cloud-based deployments are gaining significant momentum and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 25.6% compared to an anticipated CAGR of 6.6% for an on-premise deployment from 2019-2024. Driven by the emergence of several innovative vendors with cloud-first offerings along with increasing confidence of cloud application security, cloud-based deployments are expected to be the most preferred way of deploying omnichannel OMS solution by the year 2022.
- Omnichannel OMS vendors are focusing on improving their technology value proposition by enhancing inventory visibility and segmentation, in-store technology, and leveraging advanced automation. AI and ML technologies improve the accuracy, speed, and scalability of order orchestration, intelligent routing, and optimization processes. Several leading vendors are also enhancing their technology value proposition to offer a unified and integrated commerce platform and solutions.
- While Omnichannel OMS with distributed order management (DOM) functionalities at its core have been widely accepted across retail sectors, the vendors are increasingly finding market traction beyond retailer sectors including manufacturing, home services, pharmaceuticals, entertainment and B2B use cases.
- Omnichannel OMS vendors are making significant progress in providing robust DOM and store fulfillment functionalities to support “buy-anywhere, fulfill-anywhere and return-anywhere” scenarios. Global retailers are increasingly looking at a solution that offers flexible configuration of a wide variety of fulfillment rules, including BOPIS/BORIS (buy-online-pickup/return-in-store), ROPIS (reserve online, pick up in-store), ship to store, ship from store, ship from DC, store-to-store, and such others.
- The key competitive and technology differentiators on evaluating omnichannel OMS include the breadth of technology capabilities, enterprise-wide global inventory visibility, the sophistication of DOM functionality, robust order routing & optimization, technology roadmap for advanced analytics, AI, and machine learning, and technology integration and interoperability.
SPARK Matrix Analysis of the Global Omnichannel OMS Market
Radial has Emerged as 2019 SPARK Matrix Leader in the Omnichannel OMS Market
Quadrant Knowledge Solutions conducted an in-depth analysis of the major omnichannel order management systems vendors by evaluating their product portfolio, market presence, and value proposition. The Omnichannel OMS Market Outlook provides competitive analysis and a ranking of the leading vendors in the form of the proprietary SPARK Matrix. The SPARK Matrix analysis provides a snapshot of key market participants and a visual representation of market participants. It provides strategic insights on how each vendor ranks related to their competitors, including various performance parameters based on the category of technology excellence and customer impact. The evaluation is based on the primary research with expert interviews, analysis of use cases, and Quadrant’s internal analysis of the overall omnichannel OMS market.
According to the SPARK Matrix analysis of the global omnichannel OMS market, Radial, with its robust, integrated omnichannel order management and store fulfillment solution, has secured strong ratings for the overall parameters of technology excellence and customer impact. Radial has emerged as the technology leader in the 2019 SPARK Matrix of the global omnichannel order management systems market.
Radial Capabilities in the Global Omnichannel OMS Market
Radial, a bpost company, is amongst the major providers of omnichannel commerce technology and operations. The company offers Radial Order Management (ROM), a modular SaaS-based, multi-tenant platform with capabilities for providing unified visibility of enterprise inventory and availability, robust distributed order management to perform dynamic order orchestration and intelligent routing, store fulfillment, customer care tools, and a business intelligence solution enabling retailers to provide a seamless customer experience in an omnichannel environment.
- Enterprise Inventory & Availability: Radial Order Management software provides real-time enterprise inventory visibility and accessibility across sales channels. It includes a simple, intuitive interface and connects all systems in real-time to optimize inventory, track and allocate in-transit inventory, provide available-to-ship and available-to-promise inventory, and support multiple levels of safety stock configurations.
- Distributed Order Management: ROM distributed order management functionality dynamically orchestrates complex sourcing and fulfillment scenarios for efficient order fulfillment from the optimum locations. It provides order workflow configurations for retailers to define business rules and perform intelligent routing for efficient order fulfillment at minimum costs. Retailers can configure rules to control partial and split shipping, backorders, preorders, returns and exception management. ROM manages order lifecycle across retailers’ complex network of stores, distribution centers, suppliers, and 3PLs to optimize omnichannel order fulfillment and minimize costs.
- Store Fulfillment: ROM store fulfillment enables purchase, fulfill, and return anywhere solutions and supports flexible fulfillment options like ship-to-home, ship-from-store, ship-to-store, in-store pickup, associate delivery, and buy-online-return-in-store. Radial helps retailers to transform their store networks into fulfillment centers to drive efficiencies and improve customer experience.
- Dropship: Radial offers an optional dropship module and connects to over 26,000 dropship suppliers globally to accelerate time-to-market. The module enables retailers to automate dropship operations to leverage dropship supplier’s inventory and resources for fulfilling online orders directly to the customers.
- Customer Care Tools: The ROM platform includes customer care tools to provide centralized views of the orders across the enterprise and empower representatives to personalize customer engagements. It helps representatives to perform order lookup, modifications, cancellations, refunds, credits, and appeasements to improve customer service experiences.
- Business Intelligence: The ROM integrated BI tool offers forecasting and predictive analytics featuring a comprehensive dashboard with standard reports and ad-hoc custom report builder. Retailers can gain actionable insights to optimize operations and improve efficiencies.
Radial offers an integrated commerce and omnichannel solution to support retailers with comprehensive post-click commerce solutions, including payment processing, fraud protection and services, fulfillment services, customer care services, dropship, and marketplace solutions. Radial’s OMS platform is strong in providing a robust configurable order orchestration and comprehensive information on inventory visibility & availability; these capabilities offers a strong ownership experience to its customers. Additionally, Radial is recognized for its robust store fulfillment solution in an omnichannel environment supporting optimized fulfillment from retail stores, including ship-from-store, ship-to-store, BOPIS, BORIS, and others.
Radial continues to invest in improving ROM functionalities, including exception management, reverse logistics management, ship method optimization, and orchestration workflow capability. Radial, with its robust ROM platform and value-added omnichannel services, is well suited for large retailers to support their roadmap towards omnichannel strategies. Radial has a strong presence in the fashion, footwear, toys, home goods, and beauty and cosmetics retail sectors. Driven by the strong overall ratings across technology excellence and customer impact, Radial has been positioned amongst the 2019 technology leaders in the SPARK Matrix evaluation of the global omnichannel order management systems market.
[button link=”https://quadrant-solutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Knowledge-Brief_Radial_Omnichannel-OMS_2019_Quadrant-Knowledge-Solutions.pdf” color=”black” newwindow=”yes”] Quadrant Knowledge Brief – Radial Omnichannel OMS Market[/button]