Quadrant Knowledge Solutions Market Insights research offers granular insights on Implementation of Zero Trust Network security in Identity and Access Management (IAM) strategy.
Access control is becoming a key concern owing to the ever-complicating security landscape. Thus, the philosophy of zero trust, which states that “Trust No One And Verify Everyone,” is finding increasing adoption.
Criticality of Zero Trust Network Security in IAM strategy is Important: –
- Due to the adoption of cloud infrastructure, there is an increase in the vulnerability of critical IT assets due to the expansion of the attack surface. Zero trust network security solutions are cloud-native and contextually assess risk at the micro level by integrating with IAM solutions.
- With the rise in remote working culture and the consequent surge in unsecured private connections to corporate networks, the chances of data manipulation or stealing of critical data by employees are rising. Zero trust safeguards organizational IT systems from malicious insider threats.
- The zero-trust approach allows organizations to deeply understand digital identities to minimize false positives, allowing internal security and SOC teams to prioritize focusing on other cybersecurity-related activities.
According to Hardik Jain, Analyst at Quadrant Knowledge Solutions, “With emerging technologies facilitating cyber-attacks of increasing sophistication, the Traditional castle and moat models are not reliable as they are based on the concept of trusting everyone once they get access to the corporate network perimeter. Therefore, implementation of Identity and access management by leveraging the zero-trust philosophy is crucial as it will help in strengthening security infrastructure in several defense areas such as Identities, endpoints in the system, applications, data, infrastructure, and network”.
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to Leveraging Zero Trust Network Security into IAM solutions.
- IAM helps implement effective security hygiene in organizational IT systems.
- Challenges with Traditional IAM solutions.
- ZTNS Rationalizing organizational security ecosystems.
- Implementation of IAM in Organizational IT systems by using zero trust principle.
This Market Insights is a part of Quadrant’s Zero Trust Network Security (ZTNS) Research.
Author: Hardik Jain, Analyst, Sachin Birajadar, Senior Research Analyst, Renu Bala , Associate research director, Quadrant Knowledge Solution.