Quadrant Knowledge Solutions Market Insights research provides detailed insights on Among other ways to attain visibility and in turn value from a supply chain is via a robust Supply Chain Control Tower (SCCT).
Companies are experiencing an era of constant challenges in terms of adapting their processes to new technological developments and increasingly demanding market requirements. The advancements in the field of digitalization are reshaping the ways traditional businesses operate. The concept of a digital twin and supply chain control tower is one such example. The existence of Digital Twin and supply chain control tower is one of the most important requirements for dealing with problems that occur in the operation of a Supply chain, providing decision support at planning and execution levels. The Digital Twin can be understood as a virtual copy with a certain degree of intelligence and connected with SCCT through its data, aiming to optimize the decision-making process.
Benefits of using digital twin and supply chain control tower together
- End-to-end transparency enables visibility across the entire supply network
- High Levels of agility enables supply network layers to respond in a flexible and proactive manner
- A connected environment is used for improving cross-functional collaboration among all partners and functions
- Resource optimization entails fostering a positive atmosphere for humans and machines.
- Holistic decision making can be fostered by promoting optimal network efficiency, cost reduction, and revenue growth
According to Kumar Anand, Analyst at Quadrant Knowledge Solutions “Leveraging digital twin and supply chain control tower in conjunction can help organizations reduce risk, optimize performance, and help make better decisions. Quadrant analysts believe Digital twins serve as a sandbox in which innovations can be tested and refined before being released into the real world. They provide businesses with a cost-effective and time-efficient way to design smarter products and assets while collecting more data about them. They also enable businesses to create better, faster, and safer products, as well as generate new revenue opportunities.”
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to Digital Twin and its Use Case.
- Digital Twin and its usage in Supply Chain.
- How can digital twin and supply chain control tower work together?
- Benefits of using digital twin and supply chain control tower together.
- Final Word.
- We would all agree that times have changed drastically in the last two years in the supply chain world. Technology remains a strategic imperative for supply chain organizations.
- Companies face supply chain challenges today that are virtually unprecedented in modern times, and they should expect further disruption on the horizon.
- In digital twin technology, the data the physical and virtual twins exchange creates a virtuous cycle that is, the physical object’s data helps teams optimize the twin, and the twin’s data helps teams optimize the physical object.
- Supply chain control tower is a platform that enables end-to-end supply chain visibility, coordination, and control. A supply chain control tower can be used to monitor, manage, and optimize the flow of goods, information, and financial capital across the entire supply chain.
- Digital twin and supply chain control tower are two complimentary technologies that can be used together to manage and optimize supply chains. By integrating digital twin and supply chain control tower, organizations can gain end-to-end visibility of their supply chain, and optimize their supply chain operations.
- The benefits of using digital twin and supply chain control tower together are many and varied. Digital twin and supply chain control tower can be used together to provide benefits such as agile processes, improved decision-making, and reduced risk.
This Market Insights is a part of Quadrant’s Supply Chain Control Tower (SCCT). practice.
Author: Kumar Anand, Analyst & Neelam Singh, Practice Director, Quadrant Knowledge Solutions.