Quadrant Research Identifies BeyondTrust as the Technology Leader in the Privileged Access Management (PAM) Market
Privileged Access Management (PAM) technologies enable organizations to secure, manage, automate, and monitor privileged accounts and their access to the corporate network to protect critical assets, prevent security breaches and insider attacks, and meet compliance requirements. Privileged accounts, like the ones for administrators, CXOs etc., require a special level of monitoring and active control – since there is a lot of classified data at stake. Hence organizations are increasingly adopting PAM technologies driven by growing security concerns from insider threats, frequent security breaches exploiting privileged accounts, meeting compliance, and improving administrator’s operational efficiency.
Quadrant Knowledge Solutions’ recent study of the “Privileged Access Management (PAM) Global Market Outlook” analyzes market dynamics, opportunities and the vendor ecosystem of the market. This study provides strategic analysis of the global PAM market in terms of short-term and long-term growth opportunities. The study also provides a detailed market forecast analysis of the global PAM market in various geographical regions, industry segments, revenue types, and customer segments. The PAM Market Outlook research helps companies formulate growth strategies by identifying growth prospects, market trends, market drivers, and challenges in the global market.
The research also provides detailed competitive positioning and supplier landscape analysis of major PAM vendors, including BeyondTrust, Bomgar, CA Technologies, Centrify, CyberArk, Dell, Fox Technologies, HelpSystems, Lieberman, ObserveIT, and others.
BeyondTrust Is Recognized As the Technology Leader in the Global PAM Market
As part of the research for the “Privileged Access Management (PAM) Global Market Outlook,” Quadrant’s competitive landscape analysis of the global PAM market compares the vendors’ technological capabilities in providing different applications. Quadrant research analyzed vendors in terms of sophistication of technology, product capabilities, customer impact, ease of use, visionary innovation, and future roadmap.
According to research findings, Quadrant Knowledge Solutions recognizes BeyondTrust as the technology leader in the global PAM market. BeyondTrust, with over 4,000 customers globally, is amongst the fastest growing companies in the privileged access management market.
While organizations have invested in building robust security infrastructures to protect against external threats, dealing with insider threats are far more challenging. In addition, the insider threats are on the rise and becoming more frequent. Privileged users, with their access to sensitive and valuable data, can cause significant damage to the organization and disrupt business as usual. BeyondTrust’s comprehensive suite of PAM products, under PowerBroker brand, provides comprehensive visibility and control over privilege accounts, users, and activities.
According to Deepak Shah, Industry Analyst, Quadrant Knowledge Solutions, “BeyondTrust, with its advanced PAM solution, helps organizations in mitigating insider and outsider threats through granular privilege password management, ensuring accountability of privileged users through session monitoring and auditing, and helps in compliance with regulatory and reporting requirements.” “In addition to providing robust discovery and privilege management capabilities, the company also provides contextual risk data and analytics regarding user accounts and IT assets across a diverse infrastructure, adds Mr. Shah.”
BeyondTrust’s Capability in the Global Privileged Access Management (PAM) Solution Market
BeyondTrust’s PowerBroker PAM solution portfolio includes Enterprise Password Security, Endpoint Least Privilege Management, and Server Privilege Management. These solutions are built on an integrated PAM platform and are backed by comprehensive capabilities for discovery, analytics, reporting, and automated threat response.
- Enterprise Password Security: PowerBroker Enterprise Password Security provides visibility and control over an organization’s privilege accounts and SSH keys in any asset or application, thereby helping in reducing security risks, preventing privilege escalation by unauthorized users, and privilege abuse. In addition to password management, built-in session monitoring capabilities ensure maximum security and accountability.
- Endpoint Least Privilege Management: PowerBroker Endpoint Least Privilege Management enforces least privilege across Windows and Mac endpoints enterprise-wide by elevating rights to applications and not users for comprehensive visibility and control over all privileged accounts and applications. It helps organizations in ensuring security by revealing application and asset vulnerabilities before delegating privileges. The system helps in protecting sensitive systems and data, while at the same time improving user productivity.
- Server Privilege Management: PowerBroker Server Privilege Management helps organizations in improving server security and compliance by enabling policy-based management and control of user access to Unix, Linux, and Windows server. The solution enables organizations to automatically discover, store, and rotate root, admin, and other privileged account passwords and SSH keys. It simplifies users’ access by enabling single sign-on and unified policy across the environment. The solution helps in analyzing, recording and reporting on privileged password, user, and account behavior and assign event threat level based on activities. This enables in understanding emerging risks and proactively mitigating the threats for optimum security and compliance.
BeyondTrust’s privilege access management platform is backed by following PowerBroker products and Retina CS vulnerability management.
- PowerBroker Password Safe: PowerBroker Password Safe is automated password and session management solution that secures and automates the process of discovery, managing and cycling privileged account passwords and SSH keys. The solution provides secure access control, auditing, alerting, and recording for all privileged accounts to ensure accountability of privileged accounts to meet security requirements, ensure compliance, and improve administrator productivity. It helps control how people, services, applications, and scripts access credentials. It also enables recording of all user and administrator activity in a comprehensive audit trail. As well, there is an API for PowerBroker Password Safe that a free method to make developer’s solutions more secure if they require a user or application to provide credentials for connectivity or authentication, and a free privilege discovery tool called PowerBroker DART (Discovery and Reporting Tool).
- PowerBroker for Windows: PowerBroker for Windows is a least privilege management and application control solution that elevates rights to applications, not users.
- PowerBroker for Mac: PowerBroker for Mac is a least privilege management solution that enables standard users on Mac OS to perform administrative tasks successfully without entering elevated credentials.
- PowerBroker for Unix & Linux: PowerBroker for Unix & Linux is a least privilege solution that enables IT organizations to efficiently delegate Unix and Linux privileges and elevate commands without disclosing passwords for root or other privileged and non-privileged accounts. Recording all privileged sessions and keystrokes, PowerBroker helps to achieve privileged access control requirements without relying on native tools or sudo. For organizations that choose to maintain sudo, BeyondTrust offers PowerBroker for Sudo to provide centralized policy, logging and version control with change management for multiple sudoers files.
- PowerBroker Identity Services: PowerBroker Identity Services is an Active Directory Bridge solution that centralizes authentication for Unix, Linux and Mac environments by extending Microsoft Active Directory’s Kerberos authentication and single sign-on capabilities to these platforms.
- Retina CS: Retina CS is the vulnerability management software solution that provides organizations with context-aware vulnerability assessment and risk analysis to proactively identify security exposures, analyze business impact, and plan and conduct remediation across disparate and heterogeneous infrastructure. Retina CS enables privileged access management by delivering the asset risk intelligence needed prior to making privilege decisions.
BeyondTrust’s Integrated Privilege Access Management (PAM) Platform
BeyondTrust’s PAM platform is an integrated solution that provides control and visibility over all privileged users and accounts. The unified platform helps organizations to manage PAM policies and deployment, understand vulnerability and threat analytics, and provide reporting to multiple stakeholders and complementary security systems. By providing comprehensive features in a single platform, it simplifies deployment and reduces cost. BeyondTrust’s PAM products can be integrated with third-party solutions, such as SIEM, GRC, SRM, NMS, and others.
- Asset & Account Discovery: Using BeyondInsight capabilities, the PowerBroker PAM platform automatically discovers and manages all known and unknown assets, privilege user accounts, shared accounts, and service accounts.
- Threat & Vulnerability Intelligence and Behavioral Analytics: PowerBroker PAM platform with BeyondInsight threat intelligence, vulnerability intelligence, and behavioral analytics capabilities helps organizations to identify high-risk users and assets to provide optimum security and prevent breaches. It analyzes privileged passwords, user, and account behavior, and assigns threat levels based on user, asset, and application launched. This helps in early detection of emerging risks, identify systems at-risks, and proactive action on eliminating threats.
- Reporting & Connectors: BeyondTrust’s PAM platform understands and communicates risks with over 280+ privilege, vulnerability, and compliance reports, and shares security data with a wide range of connectors to multiple third-party network and security solutions. This helps organizations in synchronizing threat intelligence from multiple security solutions and preventing security breaches.
- Policy & Action Response: With real-time alerting capability of an in-progress attack, the PowerBroker PAM platform helps in responding to and mitigating threats in real-time. In case of suspicious user, accounts, and asset behavior, the system can be set to trigger automatic alerts with custom email, SNMP, and Syslog. This helps in early detection of advanced persistent threats (APTs) and other malware threats.
Organizations are increasingly facing challenges in preventing insider abuse and misuse of account privileges. In addition, there is a growing concern from external attacks that exploit system vulnerabilities to plant malware and steal user credentials. Attackers, using these compromised accounts, can escalate privileges and gain access to intellectual property, classified information, personal records, and other sensitive information. According to industry estimates, over 90% of the breaches involved compromised accounts and over 80% of all data loss were due to compromised credentials. BeyondTrust with its comprehensive and integrated PAM and vulnerability solution is well positioned to help organizations in preventing data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external threats. Driven by strong overall performance in terms of a superior technology platform, comprehensive product portfolio, and high customer impact, Quadrant Knowledge Solutions recognizes BeyondTrust as the technology leader in the global privileged access management market.